RPS Group are looking for an experienced and ambitious Commercial Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the Commercial Manager will play a crucial role in the development and growth of the department.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest independent Heating Specialists in the North. We are able to offer extremely competitive rates to successful candidates.
The role will include:
- To review all contract conditions for tender purposes and new contracts.
- Provide line managers and Director with a commercial overview of the department’s performance against targets / costs and values.
- To assist with setting targets for the department and develop the business in accordance with those targets.
- Provide line managers and Director with a commercial overview of induvial contracts as and when required
- To assist the Directors, Contracts Managers and Site managers regarding contractual and all commercial aspects of the business.
- To advise Contracts Managers and Site managers in the commercial and contractual issues on site and manage & contribute to the resolution of these issues.
- To ensure all applications are submitted on time and final accounts are settled in a timely manner
- Ensure adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings.
- To help develop internal reporting and forecasting.
- To assess the development requirements of commercial staff under your control and implement appropriate training
- To effectively supervise and manage such staff and other resources as may be under your control
- To assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and handover.
- Assist with subcontract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management, and final account.
- To price additional/extra/instructed items of work on contracts in line with the contract conditions
- Preparing and negotiating claims in conjunction with other Directors, departmental manager, and Contracts Managers.
- Vetting of final accounts and final account reporting.
- To help develop a team atmosphere within the department in line with the culture of the business
- To assist where required with tender submissions.
- To manage WIP and retentions to a minimum risk and exposure
- Experience of working in a similar role within the Heating Industry and/or M&E sector
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience
- Excellent communication and management skills
If you are interested in this role or would like an informal chat about the opportunities available please contact us or submit your CV and we will get back to you.